Monday, August 26, 2024

Taking life one stitch at a time

As we packed up the treasures of the Holmen house in September of 2022- we stumbled across so many treasures...

Some brought us joy...
while other items tripped us up with just how sentimental Richard could be..
there was proof that he had started the task of decluttering...
while still leaving us with plenty to sort through..
But one of the things that brought a smile to my heart..
was the number of stitchery items Richard had kept.
Many items were faded and were no longer suitable for display..
while a few treasured pieces found
themselves a new home here in CO.
As I began the great sift-sort-scan project, I would stumble across a pretty decent stack of photos that featured past works completed by Audrey!  
And while I knew she enjoyed her cross-stitch
 I'd forgotten just how many projects she would crank out...
At the time, it didn't cross my mind to ask what it was that fueled  the desire to always have a project (or two) that she was actively working on.    So instead- I shall make up my own answer...
It was a way to express her creativity...
and share her talents with those she loved the most...
It would be a hobby I would take on..
and even teach my bestie how to do...

So Thank you Mom...
for showing me that when life feels overwhelming...
grab your pattern...
find a comfy spot...
and just start stitching'...
for eventually...even just taking it one stitch at a time..
your project will be complete..
and it will be time to pick up a new project

Until next time..
Be thankful for where your story began..
and never forget that
if we had no winter...
Spring would not be so pleasant...

Loving lessons taught-and-stitched by Audrey...

No comments:

Post a Comment