Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Getting Started

They say everyone has a story to tell.  For several years now, I have shared the stories of my family on our family blog.  It's been a wonderful experience to have a place to document the big, the little and the something in between events of our life.

But, what about the stories of before I became a wife and a mother.  Are those stories worth remembering?  I think so.  

So this summer I have set out to put some order to the chaos of those childhood memories.  In my closet has sat a box (ok, 3 boxes, maybe more) of assorted pictures.  There is no organization to the items that have been tossed in there.  Some of the items are from my parents, before they became parents.  Other items are of my childhood.  And a few scattered items are from my single days before I married.

What to do, what to do?  

First order of business  has been to scan the pictures.  
Now approaching close to 500 pictures, what should I do with all these items?
After tossing around a couple options, I'm going to stick with what I know best...a blog format. 

I've asked my dad, Richard, to share some of his memories of the pictures I have scanned.  Many of the stories included in this blog will be his voice.  I will also be asking my sister, Laura to share some of her stories as well.   

Once completed, whenever that might be, I plan to have this blog printed.  Maybe nobody will care about the stories in the years to come.  But, I will enjoy the process of traveling down memory lane...remembering when.  

No comments:

Post a Comment